Celebrity Summit Review

First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2023

I took my first cruise with Celebrity, sold on their marketing that they provide a more upscale experience. One word can describe my experience: disappointment.

Things started the wrong way right with embarkation, when my parents in law visiting us from abroad were denied entry initially, for not having with them EVUS documents. Apparently that's a website registration prior to flying to the US. They had cleared US Customs and Border Protection, including secondary inspection by the US Department of Homeland Security just days before but they would not be allowed on the Celebrity ship. I had read the cruise instructions very carefully and found nothing about this document, other than a blanket disclaimer that it is the traveler's "sole responsibility" to produce whatever documents they may be asked for. We were scrambling to cancel flights, reserve hotels, and reschedule travel plans on the spot when the agent reappeared to tell us that EVUS documents were not required after all. Geez, Celebrity, you sure know how to welcome your passengers and set the mood.

The second disappointment was the food. There were vast quantities of it, but mostly not fit for human consumption. Have you not taken a Celebrity cruise before and world like to know what the food is like? Pick a random buffet restaurant in a strip mall, and then imagine it being 10 times larger, with the food made of cheaper ingredients, and cooked more blandly. That pretty much describes it. I got my 6000 steps walking in circles around the ship trying to find something edible every day.

11 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Summit Cruise from $172

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.