Carnival Dream Review

If this had been my first cruise ever, I never would get on another one.

Review for the Western Caribbean Cruise on Carnival Dream
ubserved
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2023
Cabin: Balcony

This was our first cruise since covid, but my sixth cruise over all and fourth cruise on Carnival. So from the beginning. We decided to book this trip last minute after suffering two deaths in the family as a way to decompress from the losses. So in September we started looking for a cruise out of Galveston being we reside in Texas and didn't want to fly to Florida. Even though we wanted to take it as soon as possible for the obvious reason, we needed a ship where an ADA cabin was available that also had a balcony. So the first one available was the Dream for December 2nd. While on the phone with the rep, they had a ADA balcony room I believe that was on deck 10 and before it could get locked in, it was locked in to someone else. The rep said they had an identical room available on deck 8 if being two decks lower would be acceptable. I said it was and it was book and paid for in full then and there. So I have a Carnival Mastercard and used the points for a total of $500 in onboard credit. Once the transfer showed complete I logged into Carnival to purchase the soft drink package for us and the internet package for me being I own a business and needed to be reached if something major came up. When I logged in, it didn't show the credit so I called customer service. The rep told me she see's the $500 but it's not onboard credit specifically, it was for some specific option which I forget which option she stated. I informed her that it was transferred as onboard credit that I can use for anything and I have an email confirmation that states that as well. She asked if I could forward that email to her and I did. She received it while we were still on the phone and she acknowledged that it was for anything I wanted to do on the ship. She put me on hold and when she came back she said it was resolved and to log out and log back in. I do so and it's not showing. I told her I wanted to use part of that credit for the drinks package and internet and she said I couldn't do that until I was onboard the ship which naturally is at a much higher price than if I did it before hand on the website. I know that's a lie being I have used onboard credit before and it was never a problem.

Right then and there I wanted to cancel the trip. If I am having that much problem before we even go, then that is a major concern. I even told her I could very easily have my doctor write me a note that states I am unable to travel which I actually did but didn't utilize. I decided we need the stress relief hence the trip and just paid for the internet and soft drink packages on my Carnival card and moved on.

Fast forward to the day of embarkation. We get on board and go to the room. Since covid, they apparently put your sail and sign cards in an envelope and leave them at your cabin door. We open the envelope and my card is in there, but my g/f's card isn't. There is however a sail and sign card for a completely different person. We enter the cabin to drop our backpacks off, and low and behold. It's not an ADA cabin. I have a knee that is almost bone on bone due to a car accident and not having an ADA accessible bathroom is very difficult for me being bending of the knee is very restricted. In this case, just stepping up into the bathroom is painful, sitting on the toilet, my knee is smashed into the vanity. I also can't stand stationary for any major length of time without a considerable amount of pain. So I call guest services about the card and they state we need to come down to their service desk which was fine.

Balcony

We were supposed to be in an ADA room and it wasn't. For anyone with a mobility disability. It was beyond awful.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Dream Cruise from $454

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.