Azamara Pursuit Review

Belle Dame
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023

Friends had been with Azamara on a number of occasions. We have been on many cruise ships, but were encouraged by the good reviews. We received no information about the cruise in anyway whatsoever until about 2 days before. Had to ring repeatedly. Very sad to hear Azamazing would not be taking place. It was one of the reasons we chose the cruise. We had 2 days in Rome hotel which was lovely, and a car took us to the port. It was a cold drizzly day. We were kept in a drafty tent for 2 hours. Cabin was tiny, especially the shower room. Bedlinen was lovely. The steward was very pleasant, but he wasn't very good at his job. In the end we mostly told him not to bother. Food has great reviews, but it actually was very tedious. Had the send it back twice. Everything was luke warm. Drink choices were very good. The coffee bar was great. Superb staff. The White Nights was truly dreadful and because it rolled everything together it meant there was no alternative music that evening. We knew most of the ports and had no complaints, even though Mahon Menorca was closed. As we knew the ports we did not participate in any excursions. However they very expensive, even if you were just left to walk on your own. We ended the cruise in Barcelona and were told we had to leave the ship by 9am. We were advised there was somewhere to wait; there wasn't. The transfer to the airport was scheduled for 12.00pm. It was a very long wait on a wooden bench outside the port terminal. Luckily it was sunny and warm. By the time we arrived home I was exhausted and feeling quite unwell. The next day i felt even worse. I am 'extremely vulnerable' and decided to take a covid test. I didn't expect to be positive; but I was. The only place i could have caught it was on the boat. I was extremely ill for 3 weeks. I wrote to Customer Services. I received no response. Given that the main reason we chose this holiday was because we knew the boat and the reviews about the excellent food, service and experience it was indeed a real disappointment. The boat however was lovely. Maybe when they've sorted out the vagaries of their transfer to a different company things will improve. It's such a shame as the boat is such a delight to be on. Small and intimate. I would have liked someone to respond to my email.

Small but adequate

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Azamara Pursuit Cruise from $1,504

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.