Norwegian Gem Review

10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2023

This was a transatantic from rome to new york. i did this cruise last year on ncl epic and didn't much like it, but i've been on the gem and other gem class ships and you were never in doublt you were on a ship, no matter where you were. it looked like a cruise ship, smelt like a cruise ship everyone knew. the giant floating shopping centers don't appeal to me. i don't want to have to board and then start running around booking shows, food and every other thing i do. i can run myself ragged at home....not on a vacaton. my stateroom was great and it was a solo balconey. i'm 85 and they kindly put me close to an elevator. specialty restaurants were as usual fantastic (but now added charges on certain items). the garden cafe (buffet) was always varied and delicious. as the ships chef is from india, we were lucky to have an ever changing variety of delicious indan dishes...very popular...with everyone.

December....so....not too much time outdoors but because of the ideal size for a cruise ship i never felt shut in and i was never far from turning my head to see the ocean. try doing that in a shopping center on the sea.

Both dining room where, like all the staff well run and helpful. great selections throughout the 15 days.

Comfortable twin beds connected to make one. small settee that could be a bed, T.V. I CAN'T STAND THOSE FOAM TOPPED STOOLS THEY REPLACE THE CHAIRS WITH. I kept fall off it. Shower excellent, etc. also excellent. Good closet space, shelf, drawer and an excellent room attendant.

10 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Gem Cruise from $241

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.