Grandeur of the Seas Review

First Time Cruiser • Age 20s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2023

Having never been on a trip outside the country - let alone a cruise ship - this was a very distasteful experience to have gone through. The experience was not what I was expecting at all. When you first arrive, the spirits and hospitality are high beyond the roof. What felt like by the third day, the atmosphere and attitudes of plenty of the staff members have shifted. There was always a rush to clean your rooms even when you politely declined. No one respected the do not disturb sign on your door - I watched one staff member rudely use her key card to open my sister’s door because she only wanted to see if she was inside. The lack of respect for people’s dietary restrictions is disgusting. I told my waiter I was allergic to seafood and pork. I ordered salmon and he did not tell me that the sauce that was used was made with oyster sauce. After feeling itching, the waiter had an attitude like i disrupted his job to stop and inquire about this “mishap.” All he said was “I asked the chef 100 times already.” Bad customer service even if the meal was “free.”

Not to mention, they held us on the boat on the last day for what felt like more than 4 hours claiming conditions were “unsafe” due to whatever reason. The staff not even care to allow us to use their staff wifi to reschedule our missed flight. All they did was offer us more free, non-tasty food and free-wifi that never did work even after paying over $400 for it. Also, one of my family members fell ill, the medical team on the boat refused to offer him one pack of alka-seltzer for his throat without wanting to check him personally. All in all, my family and I did not enjoy our experience at all being that we spent so much money. I recommend to those in charge that they offer more activities for the cost and teach the staff how to always uphold a more hospitable and pleasant attitude with paying guests. 10/10 would not recommended to a friend.

9 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Grandeur of the Seas Cruise from $236

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.