Grandeur of the Seas Review

1,831 reviews

The Not So "Grandeur of the Seas"!

Review for the Southern Caribbean Cruise on Grandeur of the Seas
Grandeur Critic
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2023

"Grandeur of the Seas" Cruise ship should be taken out of commission! The cabins and other facilities were ancient and in desperate need of renovations. The services and housekeeping on this cruise were far from commensurate to the price and additional fees. I paid almost $300 for WiFi that hardly ever worked while on the ship. I would literally have to leave my cabin and stand in the main common areas or even worse, outside on the deck, to get decent reception. The food service that I paid for was horrible and was served in very small portions. Room service was the worst I've ever experienced on any cruise ship, or hotel for that matter. Again, the menu was very limited and served in extremely small portions. I especially resented the fact that they tried to apply a DAILY 18% Gratuity to my onboard account. When I found out about that I was furious and demanded that they remove the Gratuity immediately and refund me the money that was already taken. Overall, this was the worst Cruise I've ever had the displeasure of being on!

9 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Grandeur of the Seas Cruise from $236

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.