Viking Eir Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2023
Cabin: French Balcony Superior

Having booked this cruise with friends over 2 years before - I was anticipating how lovely it will be. I was not disappointed with the ship. I watch a lot of PBS and Viking Commercials have always made me dream of taking a river cruise. We had a close group of 14 people among an extended group of 40. The ship isn't very big so it was wonderful to not have to deal with crowds and have everyone on board eat dinner in one sitting. The wait staff were great at taking care of food allergies and the food is very good!!!

The beds are so comfortable, while having 2 twin beds made it a little tight walking around the beds. But having the big window to see the view of the river shore, locks up close and judging the weather gave the room a bigger feeling.

While there aren't the big ship entertainment shows, we don't need it. Instead we met in the lounge to sit and enjoy the view with a nice drink. They did have many fun holiday events for us to be a part of, from trivia contests to ornament decorating, and gingerbread men making.

French Balcony Superior

It was a little tight with 2 twin beds but it was very clean and the bed was so comfortable. I loved laying in bed and looking out the window as we cruise down the river in the early morning or at night.

Port Reviews

Strasbourg

My favorite of all the stops, I plan to go back sometime.

Koblenz

The christmas markets were very sweet

Amsterdam

It was very busy at this time of year. I had been there before for but still saw new places. The night cruise was wonderful. Lots of beautiful lights in a cozy little boat with just our group. (14)

next review

Find a Viking Eir Cruise from $1,999

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.