Serenade of the Seas Review

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023

I went with my cousin on this cruise from LA to Miami via the Panama Canal. Overall, it was fine, but definitely not the caliber of cruises I had taken in the past (pre-pandemic) with RCC. My opinions are as follows:

Cabin: We had a junior suite, mid-ship, that met my expectation for space and comfort. The beds were very comfortable and the veranda had a lounger, which was nice to relax in. The bathroom was spacious and the shower had excellent water pressure. Our cabin steward, Mohan, was outstanding and thoughtful. The room was quiet and I slept well.My only issue was the work being done on the ship, in preparation for the world cruise it was getting ready to embark upon, was noisy during the day. Also, on two separate occasions, we received notices that someone was coming around (at 9am!) to 1) install a new television and 2) install motion detection lights in the entry way. Couldn't this wait until after the cruise or when we were in port? Why on the sea days when we wanted to relax in the cabin?

Dining: The specialty restaurants were excellent (I tried them all). The Chef's Table and Giovanni's were outstanding, with wonderful food and service.The Windjammer had a nice selection of buffet style foods. The MDR food was lackluster ( to include breakfast and lunch). Although the service was excellent, the food lacked finesse, was often served at room temperature, and just lacked overall flavor. Breakfast was not very good. I went to the MDR 3x for breakfast and never had a decently prepared egg. I actually preferred the Windjammer. Considering how excellent the Chef's Table was, I have no doubt the ship could serve this level of food quality in the MDR. However, I've concluded they are willing to give passengers mediocre food and offer the better quality meals for an extra charge. Shame on them for that.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Serenade of the Seas Cruise from $312

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.