Ventura Review

A very average cruise made worse

Review for the British Isles & Western Europe Cruise on Ventura
Mrsnaive
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2023

Beware of the spa! 2 treatments booked and paid for before joining the ship. During one treatment, the assistant said one aspect had been booked but I could have all 3 if I wished. No additional price was mentioned. Before leaving they apologised and said they'd made an error by adding the whole cost to my onboard account when I'd prepaid, and they'd need to reset my account, and needed a signature to show I'd had the treatment. A receipt was produced and an additional £39 was included and masked in the small print. I was naive in not checking 100% but didn't think with an established company that I'd need to.

3 times I visited the spa and was met with rudeness and no inclination to help. 4 times I visited guest services and was told it was only the spa could resolve. At the end of the cruise payment was taken immediately leaving no opportunity to resolve. Our onboard spend was nearly £1400 so trying to resolve the smoke and mirrors charge of £39 was out of principle rather than emptying my bank account.

Rest of cruise, staff were great but there was no direction in the restaurants, completed plates left for 20 mins before collecting, some collected before other eaters on table had finished, 25 mins to get a wine waiter to take an order - annoying when a drinks package had been purchased and leaves you wondering if this was a deliberate ploy now that they had your money. Food quality was not good, repeated menus and no effort to provide different vegetables. 2 hours to have the 3 courses wasn't rare.

No cabin complaints.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Ventura Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.