MSC Seashore Review

6-10 Cruises • Age 20s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023

This cruise took my wife and me to several ports in the Med, two Canary Islands, three Caribbean ports, Miami, and finally Cape Canaveral.

The ship is beautiful, really nice.

The experience was mediocre to terrible. The first leg from Rome to Barcelona (nine days) saw us going through the large 'cafeteria' deck looking for plates, glasses, and utensils for lunch. Scores of passengers were trying to eat lunch but couldn't for lack of these things. One time during lunch I saw a table a distance in front of us with pilled-up plates, etc., untouched for over 45 minutes. At that time an officer took some stewards to task about the general mess and tables started to be cleared. I asked two long-time MSC users why things were so bad and both said that at Barcelona the current Mediterranean season crew would be exchanged with those who had USA entrance credentials and who would stay for the Caribbean season. In other words, for the first 9 days the ship was being served by a staff whose minds had already left the ship AND the ship did not have the discipline and/or culture to maintain proper service levels.

We had a deck 10 inside cabin. Too small for this length of cruise. At Barcelona where we disembarked 2,000+ passengers, I tried to upgrade to a sea view or balcony. On other lines I've been able to do this for a nominal fee. With MSC I was asked to pay more for a sea-view upgrade than I paid for our cabin 10 months earlier. For the last 17 days there were numerous sea-view and balconies empty.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Seashore Cruise from $169

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.