Voyager of the Seas Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2023
Cabin: Owner's Suite

I selected this cruise because it was out of Galveston and the dates lined up with what I wanted. I put blind trust into the hope I would enjoy the experience. I find that all reviews have to be sorted through to understand what to trust or not trust. Any vendor, ship, resort, product or whatever I am interested in has reviews written by very negative people or people planted to write reviews to help sell or to hurt sales.

Leading up to the cruise there was a lot of information by Royal Caribbean. I find the mobile phone app to be good but there are flaws. It can sometimes be difficult to find things. There need to be a search feature added. The app will show activities but they cannot be added to the travelers calendar until on board. My guess is that they do this because they may change activities, IDK, but I would like to be able to add ahead of boarding. Once I'm on board, I'm not looking too much into some of those activities. At least for day 1, let activities be added early because that day one has too much excitement to think too much about creating plans.

R.C. parking at Port Galveston is very convenient but their flow into and out of the north lot is terrible. I waited in a long line to circle around the lot to the open entrance, passing another entrance. The line included those dropping passengers off. Then leaving after the cruise I had to cut across lanes and between two semi trucks parked to deliver supplies to the ship to get out of the area. It could be much better.

Owner's Suite

I had an Ocean Suite in the aft of the ship. The room was clean and well maintained. I found the size to be sufficient because I didn't plan to spend a lot of time in it. It was mostly for sleeping and getting ready for various activities.

Port Reviews

Costa Maya

Too many beauty shop product vendors. They all seem to be selling the same stuff and are real pushy.

6 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Voyager of the Seas Cruise from $195

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.