Viking Tir Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023

I was shocked when many of the people cruising were coughing and staying in their staterooms, the staff of the ship did nothing to investigate or limit the transmission of COVID to other passengers. My wife and I tried to stay distanced from those who were symptomatic. But when I became ill on day 8 and tested positive for COVID, I asked what the company policy was for COVID. I was told by the director that the company had no policy and did not ask about symptoms and would do nothing to intervene in passenger health issues. I feel this is irresponsible and contributed to both me and my wife being sick and many other passengers being sick too.

Other aspects of the cruise: The ship was clean and in good repair. The food was mediocre—sometimes cold on presentation, some items that should be moist were dry and the variety (especially breakfast) was limited. The service with meals was inattentive. We did not drink alcohol and as soon as that was known, the waiters would vanish. The itinerary was terrific, but this was expected because the cities visited were all known for beauty and culture.

The Viking travel department helped us make air reservations, and then without contacting us, changed those reservations to very inconvenient connections. They were supposed to meet us at the airport and transport us to the ship and they did not show up at the airport—we struggled with bags and local transportation.

Clean, well maintained and overall very nice.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Tir Cruise from $4,499

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.