Resilient Lady Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2023
Back of the ship at night
Side of the ship
Delicious ice cream
Artwork on the ship

I was very excited to hear Virgin Voyages were coming to Australia after watching many great reviews on YouTube of other Virgin ships. I booked the Mermaiden voyage as I wanted to be on the first cruise out of an Australian port.

Embarkation was a bit of a drama due to some tech issues. I’m sure staff did their best to check passengers in manually - but it wasn’t very fun lining up for several hours. I was scheduled to board at 3:30pm but didn’t step onto the ship until after 6pm. On the plus side, once I got on board, my luggage was waiting for me outside my cabin so I could settle in straight away.

I stayed in an XL Sea Terrace cabin which was fantastic. The extra room in the bathroom was great and there was heaps of storage space for everyone’s bathroom products. The shower was fantastic and the handheld hose is super high pressure. The shower included red flower branded shower gel, shampoo and conditioner in ocean scent. The bed and pillows weren’t the most comfortable around, but they was fine. Other amenities in the room like the constantly replaced bottles of water and clean glasses were a nice touch. Using the tablet to control the lights, blinds and TV was very easy to do. I did wish they had more TV channels - there were only a handful of channels and none were Australian.

I think the XL Sea Terrace is worth the extra money - the extra large bathroom is great for two people.

Port Reviews

Burnie

There really wasn’t much to see or do in Burnie. On longer port days, it might be worth going on a shore excursion to Cradle Mountain.

Hobart

The port in Hobart is right next to the city centre, making it very easy to hop off the cruise ship and explore the city. As I had over 24 hours in Hobart, I organised a hire car and visited Mount Wellington and Port Arthur. If you have an overnight stay in Hobart, I definitely recommend organising a hire car to explore the area.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Resilient Lady Cruise from $529

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.