Norwegian Epic Review

The Norweigian Epic: MOST uncomfortable and oddly configured balcony cabin ever.

Review for the Eastern Mediterranean Cruise on Norwegian Epic
Irene S Carroll
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023

The wonderful crew, fun excursions and for the most part good food could not make up for the most uncomfortable cabin I have ever experienced. I had been on this ship before but in an ADA cabin for someone with a motorized wheelchair. On this cruise I was in a regular balcony cabin. We had not gotten an ADA cabin but told Norwegian that we needed to be near the elevator because my cabin companion used a walker. 1. Well, the first odd and uncomfortable item about the cabin is you walked through the bathroom to get into the room. You may have trouble imagining that, but when you walk in there are two sliding glass doors on either side: one is for the toilet, and one is for the shower. The sink is set to the side a little further into the cabin. The lack of privacy is not the worst part of the cabin. 2. The second unpleasant item about this cabin was the beds. We had asked for two twin beds. They were short and had a very hard board under them. I am only an average height for a women (5ft. 6in.), but I was too tall for the bed. My feet went over the end. There was NO room between the two twins, so you had to climb into bed from the end. After the first day my travel companion and I complained about the beds, but it was our understanding there was nothing they could do. (As we were leaving someone else who had complained said they had asked for an eggcrate bed topper, and it had helped. However, we had not known to make this specific request.) The hard boards under the bed hit my leg in such a way that by the end of the first week my left leg hurt and I started having trouble walking because of the hard board under the beds. 3. Next there was so little walking area in the cabin. My travel companion used a walker and you could not even get it into the cabin beyond the bathroom entrance. We had to fold it and then figure out a place to store it for the night. The beds and couch in the cabin had odd curves to them, a smaller straight couch might have made it possible to walk into that area of the cabin. While there were somethings that we didn't like about the ship itself, the ship's staff were beyond pleasant and appear use to the complaint. They tried to make everything else fun. My advice is NOT to book on the Epic. I will never book this ship again. The understanding staff, fun excursions, and good food cannot make up for a terrible bed and cabin layout. If you can go on a cruise and NOT EVER sleep or have to use your cabin, then maybe this ship could work for you.

The Cabin's inadequacies are my Major complaint. The beds themselves were uncomfortable, the bathroom was basically out in the open and the cabin pretended there was space where there was none. Every evening I felt that I was being placed on a rack.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Epic Cruise from $299

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.