Celebrity Ascent Review

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023

My family and I sailed on the very first cruise of the Celebrity Ascent over the Thanksgiving Holiday. It was a four day cruise to Cozumel, Mexico. We had perfect weather during the trip and very calm seas. Overall the cruise was excellent, but with just a few problems that would prevent me from giving the ship 5 stars.

Boarding at Pt. Everglades was a breeze. It seemed like we just walked on the ship. About a 1 minute wait to get our passports checked. Indeed embarkation and debarkation were the easiest I have seen on any ship/port. It should be noted that we were in the RETREAT and we had high expectations. Our Aqua Sky Suite was excellent and had a neat layout with the beds facing the large balcony. Plenty of living space and storage space in this room. Bathroom was huge with nice bath/shower. Only problem with our room was that air conditioning did not always work right, it was never really uncomfortable, but often a bit stuffy. 2 of my sons were in an adjoining identical cabin and the door to their balcony came off its rails one day. Quickly fixed, but I suppose to be expected on a brand new ship. This was first time passengers had used any of the cabins. We were on deck 10 forward. Disadvantage to the ship is that the Retreat Lounge and Retreat outdoor decks were a long way away from any of the Retreat rooms. You had to go up to Decks 15 to 17 to get to the Retreat facilities. In my opinion this is a basic flaw in the layout of the ship.

However, the Retreat outdoor deck area is really First Class. Never crowded, always some empty deck chairs. A nice , but small pool, for Retreat passengers. Excellent outdoor Retreat bar. There is a nice Retreat lounge with its own bar, however, I thought this area very bland in decor. The Retreat dining room overlooks the bow and port side of the ship and is nicely done. We had lunch first day in the Retreat dining room and thought food good, portions small, and service a bit slow.

Port Reviews

Cozumel

Cozumel nothing special in my opinion. Nice if you are experienced Scuba diver or snorkeler.

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Ascent Cruise from $568

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.