Viking Neptune Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

First Viking Ocean Cruise - now looking forward to a second!

Review for the Eastern Mediterranean Cruise on Viking Neptune
SheriffDWB
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023

We chose the cruise initially because we were interested in the religious sites, especially Israel. Due to the ongoing conflict, Israel was removed from the itinerary and Malta was added. Due to the weather, we had several changes to the itinerary but we were pleased with the Captain's decisions. He also kept us informed about why we needed to change and frankly, the change from Naples to Messina was welcomed! Our first cruise with Viking and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The service was impeccable, staff friendly, ship clean and elegant. I very much appreciated the organization from arrival to the extra steps they take to ensure there is a Viking representative available downtown during excursions. We liked to do some things on our own and the shuttle service and staff were very helpful. The lectures by visiting professors were enlightening...some more like Ted Talks. The entertainment was OK. The Guitar singer James, the Mentalist, Ryan, the Classical Duo, and the ship's cruise director were very good. I wasn't keen on the band and think there could be an upgrade there. Chef's table staff and Sommelier were excellent. Excursions were plentiful with a lot of variety. Finally, the ocean ships are a great size. We were lucky to have 600-700 guests and at times I felt like I was on my own yacht! We're looking to book another!

Penthouse Veranda (PV1) deck 5. Exceptional room, and cabin staff. Big enough on sea days when looking for some time along we felt very comfortable. Will probably book this room again. Very clean, great service, good bed.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Neptune Cruise from $2,399

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.