Viking Forseti Review

Not a typical river cruise

Review for Europe River Cruise on Viking Forseti
zoboyu
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023

Partially due to inclined weather conditions, the cruising part of this trip has been dramatically reduced. Majority of the excursions fall under the side of 'a bit boring' category. Fortunately, we booked the pre-cruise excursion that highlighted the whole experience, otherwise, the river cruise part alone would not earn my praise at all.

While the executive chef made the daily dinner introduction entertaining, the meals however didn't exceed my expectations. First few days' soups were very salty, and my wife even got an uncooked fish plate one day. This was happening in France territory was kind of ironic. We made the complaint to the executive chef, he apologized and adjusted later on. I have a bit let-down on this regard.

My honest opinion: Viking should revise this particular cruise itinerary - on almost everything: port calls, excursion design, on-board experiences, food, etc. There are plentiful of other wonderful Viking's river cruises can choose from, and I won't recommend my friends to this particular itinerary.

1 Helpful Vote
next review

Find a Viking Forseti Cruise from $2,599

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.