Viking Fjorgyn Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Great service and great River cruise

Review for Europe River Cruise on Viking Fjorgyn
landerslp
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023
Cabin: French Balcony Stateroom

Our Viking River cruise was fantastic. Always wanted to go to Normandy, and had enjoyed our first River cruise (Romantic Danube) I found a good deal with free flights (it was November). Highly recommend French balcony. No need for balcony in November, plus it rained all week. Food was mostly good, well presented and a decent selection for picky eaters (me). The staff was excellent, from chef to cruise director, to front desk staff to servers. The included excursions were also very good-the tour guides had a great balance of history and humor. I think I will be spoiled for regular cruise excursions. (No way we can afford their ocean ones). The only optional tour we took was the Night cruise on the Seine. Worth it. Do not drink so can not comment on alcohol- but our table mates never had trouble with the wine served. Internet was generally adequate although at times my texts did not go through-and not just when traveling on the River which I understand but in ports as well.

We did a diversion on our flight and came in a day early and stayed at a small Paris hotel and did the Hop On Hop Off bus. For our return flight Viking had the airport transportation well organized. Since it was a Sunday the trip to the airport was not long.

French Balcony Stateroom

We were in first room in hallway off the reception area. Very convenient and not at all noisy. Lots of outlets, bathroom has floor lights which serve as night light which was great for us. Bathroomfloors are heated- which helped my dry wet shoes. Bed was a little lumpy and not super comfortable but I slept ok. Enough storage but I would like more hanging room, especially to get out wrinkles from travel, rather than folding clothes.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Fjorgyn Cruise from $2,799

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.