Costa Pacifica Review

NO hot water in the cabin!!!

Review for the Western Mediterranean Cruise on Costa Pacifica
MarSa
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023
Cabin: Balcony Premium

7 complaints and 2 compliments:

COMPLAINTS:

1. Change of itinerary due to vis major. As on the 7. October 2023. the war between Gaza and Israel suddenly begun, Costa changed our itinerary and instead of docking in Ashdod (Israel), Alexandria (Egypt), and Limassol (Cyprus) the new itinerary included Istanbul and Izmir (Turkey) and Volos and Piraeus (Greece). The passengers were informed of the new itinerary only two days before embarkation without any other option given. The only one was: accept the changed itinerary or you will lose all your money. No free cancellation, no other date of the same cruise, nor any voucher for a new cruise were offered. I understand that the war in the Middle East was a vis major for the Costa Company, but it was also a vis major for the passengers. I think that in these new war circumstances, it would be fair to divide the risk between the Company and the passengers, and the passenger should be given several options. I was forced to buy the product that I initially did not want. I wanted to visit Israel and Egypt, and not Turkey and Greece.

Balcony Premium

previous reviewnext review

Find a Costa Pacifica Cruise from $226

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.