Carnival Sunrise Review

Its good, but only just.

Review for the Western Caribbean Cruise on Carnival Sunrise
Compendium
First Time Cruiser • Age 20s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023

I would more of give this a 3.5, borderline 4 stars if I could. I would classify the Carnival Sunrise as a low/mid class ship. Its fun and one cant really complain with the price and what your offered. My cabin balcony, the lobby, the burger joint, both red frog pubs, the casino, arcade, water slides, and the movie theater were my absolute favorite things Id say. The food, dishes, and prep were above average. They have some nice ice cold soothing soda water brands that I enjoyed cooling off with. The embarkation was nice, smooth, fast, and easy, and so was leaving. Was a cool experience, but not without some cons to help others newcomers prepare or decide what ship they want to choose:

-Other passengers on board were very low class, the whole area around my cabin reeked of herb, was often loud, babies crying and stomping around even into 3AM. On top of that there was a boiler room above my cabin with noisy pipes, which also sprang a leak above the bathroom so we had to vacate our room for it to be repaired for a few hours. They compensated the leak with a free dinner.

-The regulations on designated smoking areas and vaping are atrocious. Way too strict. Some staff werent alot of help in trying to find the areas at first either and I had to go through around 3 people just to find out where they were. It reminded me of being in an airport. For the first 2-3 days there were no ash trays out so people would flick there cigs onto the ground. Walking to the areas also got very tiresome and repetitive throughout the trip. There needs to be more pit stops all in all.

Very nice. Housekeeper Sonny is the best and she rocks!

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Sunrise Cruise from $179

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.