Discovery Princess Review

First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023
Cabin: Balcony

We had never cruised before this trip. We have many friends that cruise regularly, some with over 30 cruises. Several of our friends cruised on this ship in the past year and a half. They convinced us this was the ship for us.

Why this ship? We love live music. This cruise had 2 piano players, 2 bands, one solo guitarist, 2 violinists, and a jazz trio. The music was great. The jazz trio, Giacomo Riggi trio, were incredible. We saw them every night. All the other musicians were very good as well.

We were led to believe the food was outstanding. Not so. I would say mostly average with some highlights. The pizza was very good especially if you ask to have it crispy. The gelato was great. The specialty desserts were amazing. The buffet is okay, it is a buffet. The regular dining room rarely had anything we wanted. The steak house was a bit of a disappointment. It costs $40/ person to eat there. The strip steak was cooked perfectly but the quality of the meat was fair. I expected better quality steak for the cost. The brightest star for food was the Italian restaurant. Again, 40/ person, well worht it. We ate there twice. We had the same meals both times. The best calamari I have ever had. My wife loved the bolenegse.

Balcony

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Discovery Princess Cruise from $248

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.