• Newsletter

6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023

Went on the eleven night cruise out of Miami on the Pearl. This was the longest cruise we had ever been on but it went by fast and was never monotonous. We had an inside cabin… (personally would avoid this floor as it’s under the kitchens and dining area and was pretty noisy.)

Food was amazing on buffet and main dinging room Summer Palace. Service was top notch as well although I missed the towel animals and evening turn down room check. Juanta at the buffet area “washy washy” greeter was an absolute angel and we enjoyed her happy smile and genuine hospitality throughout the cruise. Tom Franek was far and away the best talent we have ever seen on a cruise….WOW! I missed the variety of comedians on the Pearl vs. Carnival who usually has 2 or 3 comedians but Tom Franeks show made up for that. The pearl dance and singing squad talent show thing was awful we got up and walked out. Deal or no deal and wheel of fortune was fun to watch.

Ports were all great we went to Aruba, Curaçao, Puerta Plata, Catalina Island, Tortola, St. Thomas and Half Moon Cay (which got cut short abruptly due to the wind although the tendering back to ship was done during the highest waves and the ship didn’t leave until after we were scheduled to leave anyhow. I know a lot of people were angry about having to be evacuated- oh well it is what it is…( perhaps NCL should build a pier like the adjoining Royal Carribean coco cay has). Overall we had a great time and would recommend this ship and itinerary. I will say this was the rudest cruise we had been on but we are used to cruising from New Orleans and Port Canaveral and those cruises we had been on before weren’t so international but I’m not sure if it’s a cultural thing or just the post covid world we live in but the fellow passengers were somewhat lacking manners and I wasn’t the only person who mentioned and observed this. Also lots of people wearing very skimpy thongs which is gross. Wish cruise lines would ban thongs, I don’t go on vacation to be mooned. Staff and crew were fabulous though. Beautiful Ship.

Inside room well laid out good storage and decor.

Avoid 11th floor noisy under dining area

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Pearl Cruise from $399

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.