• Newsletter
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Celebrity Silhouette Review

Some great and some not so great.

Review for the Southern Caribbean Cruise on Celebrity Silhouette
Capa and Four
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023
Cabin: Sunset Veranda

We picked this cruise because it was 10 days and New Jersey schools were closed for some of the days we were cruising. We cruised with our 10 year old granddaughter, my daughter, son-in-law, my husband (78) and myself (75). We booked sunset veranda cabins that were adjoining on deck 6. I rented a scooter for my husband. Checking in was great. Luggage at the cabin - great so far. Stewart unlocked the balcony separator and set up the adjoining cabin doors. Made dinner reservations - we had the dining package for all the nights.

Going great. Dinner at Tuscan was just okay. I thought the restaurant was dark and a bit dreary. More like a pub.

First full day at sea…pools were great. Our granddaughter was the only one at the kids club, but she had lots of fun with young man who ran the program. She joined us for dinner and the show. Shows were great. She loved going to Effy for the charms. Day 2 their toilet stopped working. Called, went to guest services. Day 3 still no working toilet. They were lucky that we had a joining cabins. Sometimes they would have to go to the public restroom - rather long walk from sunset veranda. They averaged 3, 4 trips a day to guest services. Plumber would come but no resolution until on Day 6 when the toilet overflowed. Now the bathroom had to be sanitized.

Sunset Veranda

Only 2 outlets both by the vanity. Had to take turns charging phones and iPads. Needs refreshing. Some holes in the room darkening curtain. Rather large bulky chair. Cabin is a bit narrow. Shower is a good size but no hand held shower head.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Silhouette Cruise from $200

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.