• Newsletter

Jimbofaefarfar
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023

Just back from our Caribbean cruise, which we mostly enjoyed. I did this cruise in 2020 on Explorer 2, which I would say was slightly better than Voyager, mainly because of the food set up. I understand that the object of serving people in the Kitchens is to avoid waste, but I still observed lots of half finished plates being left, so they need to go back to self serving buffet, which would avoid the lengthy queues building up. We ate mostly in Latitude53 & Vista, where the food was good & varied & the service was excellent. Shame about the awful music at breakfast time in Latitude. The last time I had an outside cabin, but we upgraded to a balcony one this time, which would have been better if they actually cleaned the balcony. Apparently they are “cleaned” once a week, but ours remained filthy the whole fortnight. However, the cabin itself was fine, although extra power points would be helpful. The cleaners doing the interior of the cabin were also excellent. Entertainment wise, we really didn’t like Peter Coxx in the Arts house, but absolutely loved 4 tunes in the Squid & Anchor. As someone else commented, they are the best in house band I’ve heard in years of holidaying with TUI. Thoroughly recommend them. The Broadway shows were ok. No brilliant, but not bad, either. We didn’t like the magician/comedian. His tricks were nothing special, over complicated & took way too long. We did like the mini golf on level 12, but took us a week to find the table tennis table, which is outside! - which, with the wind there, made it impossible to play!

We did a few excursions, the best being the Bonaire island & Mambo beach in Curacao. Avoid the beach hopper trip in Barbados - you get taken to the same beach twice!

Overall, would we do this again ? - afraid not, although we did enjoy most of it.

Please clean the balconies!!

14 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Marella Voyager Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.