Norwegian Encore Review

6-10 Cruises • Age 30s

Family

Sail Date: Nov 2023
Traveled with children

First time and last time with Norwegian. Thought they were top tier but ended up being the bottom of the barrel in cruise lines. They charge customers for water and have restaurants that are called speciality dining that they charge you to eat at. The menus are the practically the same from the 3 restaurants that are included. Nothing is ALL Inclusive with this cruise line. They quality of the food and the service misrepresented itself! I clearly expected more for the amount I paid. Also considering this was a Thanksgiving cruise I would have expected more just in general. The embark and disembark process was ridiculous they make you come at a specific time to stand in long lines that are wrapped around. It’s literally a hurry up and wait situation. I felt like I was at Disney world there is a line everywhere to do everything on the ship! They charge extra for there arcades( outrageous game prices, average of $2.00 to play one game) go-karts, and any other fun entertainment they offer that you may want to do! I don’t expect to pay a hefty price just to get on a cruise that is asking for more money for everything! The splash academy for the kids also has lines you wait in before the time of drop off. By the time you get to the top of the everlasting line they have no more space available for your child! Quite ridiculous to have people stand in a line and can’t make reservations at all to reserve your child’s spot. The way they do everything on this cruise line is backwards! Vacations are not supposed to be tense and stressful but with Norwegian that is how I felt. Even my nine year old caught on and would ask before ordering anything and say “ is there a charge for that”! I don’t understand how they have people supporting them! Will never go on any of there cruises again!

Cabin was average. Paying extra for a balcony that was dirty everyday is bizarre to me! They never cleaned my balcony even when I tried to ask the man cleaning our rooms he seemed confused and couldn’t understand anything I was asking for. I informed guest services and nothing was taken care of. They are not responsive to anything. My power outlets stopped working along with my television and they took over 2 hours to come and just assess the issue. Then had to wait again for someone to come and fix the issue. The beds were hard and uncomfortable!

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Encore Cruise from $499

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.