• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Norwegian Getaway Review

3,253 reviews

I enjoyed my first solo traveler experience.

Review for Bermuda Cruise on Norwegian Getaway
MHoff770
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023
Cabin: Inside Stateroom

I chose this cruise based on port. I traveled by bus from the Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania. The transportation I arranged was with Trans Bridge Bus line. It was effortless to and from the pier. The only thing I would have improved is there is no area to wait at the pier for Return transportation to arrive. I had to wait outside about an hour an a half in colder temps. The embarkation and disembarkation were effortless. There were practically no lines either way. I traveled solo and found the solo traveler meet-ups to be fabulous. There was a big group of solo travelers and activities we could participate in. I extremely enjoyed the standing 5:30PM Tropicana room reservation for dinner for the solo group. The bar and restaurant staff provided great service. Bartenders remembering your name from visit to visit. I would have preferred to see a little more variation from day to day on the buffet for lunch. Dinner selections in the Tropicana room were ample and all delicious. Entertainment was varied and all very good. I enjoyed the Howl at the Moon dueling pianos and the comedy shows. The Atrium bar area can be very crowded for some events, limited seating for the bigger events in this area. The casino area was large with many choices for gambling. The only disappointment in the casino area was the amount of cigarette smoke in this area. I enjoyed the Spice H20 area during the day as a solo traveler with it being over 18 until 6PM. My overall solo experience was good and I look forward to doing another solo trip in the future. I left the trip with numerous new friends.

Inside Stateroom

I was a solo traveler in a regular inside cabin. It had ample room and closet storage. The shower and bathroom were a pleasant size for and inside cabin.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Getaway Cruise from $329

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.