MSC Magnifica Review

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023

We chose this cruise because of the price; the adage you get what you pay for was very true. I have been on over 50 cruises on 8 different cruise lines and found that this cruise was the bottom of the barrel.I may be jaded but the entertainment, dining experience, attitude of the suits(upper command),and all around demeanor of the crew was terrible. On a very positive note the cabin steward as well as our waiter and assistant waiter would be an asset to any cruise line. The food, with the exception of the pasta dishes was rubbish. What they called steak was leather, fish that they called red snapper and sword fish were other species. I have fished my whole life,I know the difference between fish. They used an over abundance of salt on everything, an understatement.The portions were minute not fit for a 5 year old. No worry about gaining weight on this raise. The aforementioned deals with the dining room. The buffet was also terrible with limited choices and usually only one side was open. The ice machines did not work and ice tea and lemonade were not offered. There was no omelet station which I have seen on all other cruise lines. They put premade omelets in a tray along with sunny side up eggs in another tray. There were no containers of milk or chocolate milk for children. They served French fries and cheese burgers everyday; problem was that if you didn’t grab and I mean grab one when they were first served the rolls were like rocks.I could go on and on but I think you get the picture. Last thing that I will mention, and there is a lot more was the medical response. One afternoon while I was walking through the buffet to the gym, a woman fell and was injured. Officers and staff had no clue what to do. I have a background in assisting injured persons so gave the crew members some needed advise without interfering ;they were rude so I walked away. The woman had a broken wrist and severe knee pain( I spoke to a family member the next day). The staff during the incident was attempting to lift the injured person,I told them they needed a stretcher and should not attempt to lift the person.They needed a reeves stretcher or roll her onto the matting on top of a regular stretcher then lift the whole matting with the injured person on it. They did this 25 minutes after the initial incident.The woman was flown home the next day by family, she needed surgery.I meet with command staff about all of the aforementioned, and they gave me a bottle of champagne. I told them that their communication skills and training were horrible.I told them my complaint was for change not to get something for free,I know people complain to get-things. This was not my intent .Finally I was told that the “Magnifica” had a European flare. My two neighbors on the ship were from Europe, they thought the European flare thing was a joke. I am done ,if you are a first time cruiser I would say you would disagree with me. Final advice, go on a cruise based on itinerary and pay the extra money and go on a reputable cruise line.

Cabin large and clean,steward fantastic.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Magnifica Cruise from $94

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.