• Newsletter

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023

My wife has been on numerous cruises, me, just a few. I have been on Princess, Norwegian, and now Virgin. The boarding and departure off the Virgin ship was by far superior, they have this down to a science.

Food was great whether in the formal dining restaurants or in the "Common Gallery." without a doubt. The ship has numerous food stations in the gallery which offered typical dishes as well as creative selections all of which are fantastic. The restaurants on the ship were top notch. The service at those A+ and the food was amazing. I also appreciated the variety of healthy selections that were available for my wife and I as well as those who try and maintain a balanced diet with an occasional spurge now and then.

And here we go.......casual entertainment - entertainers were fantastic artists and very enjoyable. But imagine them playing under the stairs in your basement with uncomfortable furniture from 1968. The spaces where entertainers played and the layout for the audience was a complete swing and a miss. It was as if the cruise ship designers forgot to designate an area for this and just crammed them in a bedroom area or a hallway when they realized their mistake. Very strange.

6 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Scarlet Lady Cruise from $645

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.