• Newsletter

2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023

I did the 4 day Miami/keyWest/Bimini cruise and I wasn’t impressed. It had been about 6 years since the last time I had been on a cruise and I was excited to go on virgin. There was a lot of hype around this cruise line on Instagram and the “adults only” is what sold me to book. I’ll start from the embarkation. The time I booked on the app was 2:45. When I arrived to the terminal there was no line for that time slot. I I didn’t even get on the boat until almost 5pm. Once I got on the boat it was pure chaos and no staff to “direct traffic.” I was so hungry, irritated, and exhausted I ordered room service and went to bed. Which btw the room service food was awful. It gave me airplane economy meal vibes! The signage on the ship is HORRIBLE! You spend 10-15 mins walking around in a circle trying to find food, shops, a location, etc. and the most frustrating part is there was never any staff in the hallways or areas to direct traffic or show ppl where to go. The common areas like the pool does not have enough staff to take drink orders. So you’re literally getting up every 15 mins to stand in line for like 20 mins to get a drink. It didn’t feel relaxing or like a vacation. It felt like a lot of work. The same thing happened with the private beach in Bimini. I could not enjoy the beach because I spent majority of my time standing in lines to get drinks. To be honest, if it wasn’t so expensive I would have no complaints. But as an avid traveler, I want to feel like I’m getting my money’s worth. I left the ship feeling like I got ripped off. I did get a chance to try all the restaurants and the pizza place, pink agave, and gunbae was amazing. I would give those places 5 star. Also the restaurant service in all the restaurants was a 5 star dining experience. I did experience a lot of maintenance issues with my room/cabin and the management team was extremely response and kind. I do think this ship has the potential to be great. I just hope they make the changes and gear it more towards a luxury experience or drop the price. For what it cost I expected luxury. I did not get that. To sum it all up, I personally would not cruise with them again, but if you love cruises you should try it out for yourself. But that was my experience. I don’t feel like I got what I paid for. Which is my biggest gripe.

I had a terrace view room. I couldn’t imagine sharing the room with anyone. They’re so small. But perfect for one person.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Scarlet Lady Cruise from $645

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.