Viking Mississippi Review

DavidJ47
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2023

We wanted to cruise in the U S and had cruise credits from a previously booked Viking cruise to utilize. From the onset the Viking support was a disaster. Upon arrival at the airport we were not greeted by a Viking representative and had no idea where we were to go, a problem also experienced by a number of fellow passengers. To make a long story short, we did not check luggage and therefore did not go to the baggage area, which we ultimately learned was where the Viking reps had set up; of course, none of us were informed of this.

As far as transport to the ship, the shuttle was a no show. A number of us, including me, called the Viking travel assistance hot line, and after a lengthy hold were told they would get back to us:still waiting for that call. One of the other travelers eventually got in touch with a Viking rep and was told we should hire a taxi; yeah, sure, after we pay for transfers as part of our cruise cost.

I should also mention that although my companion Marilyn and I had pre-existing orthopedic problems we were fully ambulatory but after schlepping through the airports , particularly in Chicago O’Hare it became necessary that we rely upon wheelchairs to navigate the airports; in fact , the hardware in my hip gave way and I tumbled down an escalator ( before wheelchairing it) and luckily a guardian angel nurse came to my assistance

10 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Mississippi Cruise from $3,499

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.