Celebrity Summit Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023
Cabin: Sky Suite 1

Flew into FLL and took an Uber to the Mandarin Oriental and had a perfect one-night pre-cruise stay with a fabulous meal outside at Rusty Pelican. Easy Uber ride to the port around 1230pm with no lines whatsoever. I was booked in an Aqua Sky Suite that I got a decent deal on and was very excited about the giant balcony. I filled out a pre-cruise request for some various fitness items which never made it to the room (though I never followed up). Honestly. I would have never known it was an Aqua Sky Suite, there was literally zero difference from another Sky Suite minus access to the VERY tiny windowless thermal suite that made me claustrophobic so I went in and out one time only. I don't regret the room because of the balcony but regret choosing the location, choose the other side of the ship. The sun was powerful in the morning or the ship was facing another ship in port which kept me from enjoying the balcony, the other side had it made. The bed was to die for comfortable! I miss it greatly but the shower situation, wow. You really have to be in decent shape to step into the shower, it's very high up with no grab bar and don't recommend for someone with physical limitations. Met the butler on day #1 and other than bringing me a capachino one morning I never saw him again. I was in NCL Haven a few months ago and saw the butler daily who brought snacks and constantly asked what I needed, there was none of that on this trip. No snacks, no normal butler things, it was weird and made me appreciate the butler service on NCL. The room itself was in pretty great shape but the balcony was rough. I actually brought the great room steward out there as I thought it was bird poop all over the lounge chairs but it was actually dried paint from careless painting. The floor was a mix of chipped paint and rust and a drain cap was half off. I do want to mention that the internet was the fastest I've ever had it in 20+ cruises, it was almost as fast as my home internet and I was beyond impressed! I could have easily worked from the ship if I needed to and that's been a huge struggle for me on other ships.

Day #1 lunch was at the buffet, it was just okay and so crowded. Day #1 dinner was at Tuscan Grille that was booked with a 33% off promo I found. It was good but not great, probably worth it for the 33% off though. This was the only speciality restaurant I went to on this trip.

Day #2 we were in Nassau from 7am-4pm and I booked a day pass with a massage to the new Margaritaville Resort. I did room service breakfast this morning and thought it was really good. I did write in some requests as the check boxes were minimal and it was delivered. It was an easy walk from the ship to the hotel and the hotel was really nice. I paid for a cabana and regretted this as there just wasn't enough time to enjoy the massage and the cabana, the pools while really nice were really cold so I never got in them. I would come here again but I would just book a massage. They had a nice indoor jacuzzi that I enjoyed before my massage the massage was fabulous and a great deal compared to the cruise ship, highly recommend this. I wanted to walk to get a pina colada at John Watling's (It's the best) but ran out of time. Dinner was at Luminae, the menu was just weird so I ordered off the main dining room menu and it was a good dinner. I was invited as part of the retreat group to watch sail away from the helipad and was provided with Prosecco as we sailed out to sea, it was such a special experience for me and one I will take with me for a very long time.

Sky Suite 1

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Summit Cruise from $257

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.