Viking Kara Review

Omasulli
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023

This was our first River cruise. Celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary. My husband had read so much about Viking so we booked departing Amsterdam Nov. 12, 2023 for the 8 day cruise to Basel. The crew was exceptional, cabin was nice. The food was ok, cold most of the time. In the brochure it states no waiting in lines and that what we did most of the time. We thought that once we got to a port we would have most of the day to explore once we were done with the free tour Viking provides. We felt rushed. We also booked because we thought no travel on the road by bus or car. It seemed we were bused a lot. The water level on the Rhine was extremely high so we could not cruise all the way to Basel. Viking was great by putting us up in a very nice hotel in Basel and providing us dinner. We totally understand that things can occur regarding river conditions and felt Viking took great precaution on everyone’s safety. Another thing that bordered us that there were so many people coughing. Viking should inform passengers if coughing please were a mask. My husband and I both ended up with testing positive in Basel with Covid. Was notified that they were giving us each a $250.00 voucher for future cruise, but I think we should get more. What the brochure states is not all that true.

Cabin was comfortable. Mattress on bed could have been better.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Kara Cruise from $2,199

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.