Nieuw Amsterdam Review

Good and Bad on this cruise

Review for the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam
HVAC4life
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023
Cabin: Deluxe Spa Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Traveled with children

First of all we booked through a travel agent and sometime between the booking and our actual cruise the itinerary changed. Our itinerary first was Half Moon Cay, sea day, St Thomas, San Juan, Turks, sea day then back. It ended up being Half Moon Cay, Turks, San Juan, St Thomas, sea day, sea day then back. I was not informed about the change so our tours were not aware of the change either. I more than likely would have canceled if I knew 2 sea days in a row.

Half Moon Cay was really good, we got a cabana with a “butler”. We didn’t know he was supposed to meet us at our room in the morning and take us to the cabana. We didn’t explore anything just swam with family band hung out. I would suggest that whoever owns the island move the chairs out and away from the cabanas we go stuck with loud teens playing music and smokers, had to tell both to get lost.

Turks was an absolute joke. Our tour was cancelled because nobody else booked it, not sure what that meant since I paid over $1000 to have a private snorkeling tour. Petty sure this one got screwed by the days and they were making pour excuses. To get to the tour desk we had to walk along the beach through a ton of pushy locals trying to sell you stuff. Worse than any place in Mexico or the Caribbean we’ve ever been. Just a really rough area I have no intention on ever visiting again. The shops are garbage. We went to get ice cream and for (4) single scoop waffle cones the lady tried to charged me $40.00 when clearly states $6 cone single scoop.

Deluxe Spa Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Port Reviews

Grand Turk

Rough, pushy, rude locals. Shops were garbage. Tour was canceled.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise from $299

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.