Norwegian Getaway Review

1stAndLast
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Oct 2023
Traveled with children

Dining: There appears to be a variety of dining options but it feels like they serve the same food with different presentation. The food itself is alright but they ran out of hash browns on the third or fourth day and never resupplied. Also either ran out of Drambuie and Shiraz or never had it on board at all despite both items still being on the menu. The beer selection was uninspired and the sustainable cocktails were hit and miss. The wines that they did have available were nothing to write home about but at least were made for easy drinking. The curries were excellent which I attribute to head chef Ashok.

Embarkation: The experience was a confusing mess for a first time cruiser. We were told to head to our mustering station but nothing beyond that. We spent hours hanging around before we realised we only needed to get marked present before we could head to our cabin.

Entertainment: The shows aboard were excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed the guest performers. I would've given five stars in this category, but I remembered the rest of the entertainment options. There was practically nothing to do during the day except eat, drink, gamble or shop. The other free entertainment options consisted of trivia, 15 minute sessions learning minor things (origami, balloon animals, etc) or advertising sessions trying to upsell you. It left a sour taste in my mouth because it felt like the cruise wanted me to splurge more and more to enjoy it fully. Special mention to the art auctions that try to imply that they're selling an investment when all "appraisals" are done by the company themselves.

previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Getaway Cruise from $328

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.