Silver Endeavour Review

So Disappointing! Don't Trust Silversea!

Review for the Arctic Cruise on Silver Endeavour
Nancy Ke
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2023

I booked 2 cruises back to back for $27055. What was to be a memorable experience turned into a expensive, huge disappointment.

Silversea cancelled 14 of the 25 destinations and highly modified 2 additional destinations to where there was no enjoyment. SO DISAPPOINTING! They cancelled due to ice, swells, fog and polar bears. This is the Arctic right. They advertise "Our expedition ships sail to the polar extremes at the the tip and toe of the world." They lie. They cancelled the 7 furthest north destinations including Cape Constitution at 80 degrees latitude. Now I have to pay for a second trip to the Arctic if I want to get to 80 degrees latitude. Have a contingency plan like Hurtigruten had when I went to Antarctica.

The Silversea Staff told me I saw a polar bear but all I saw was yellowish-white moving spots through binoculars while standing on the boat. The Expedition Staff got great joy out of telling us about all the polar bears we saw. Yes, the Expedition Staff would go out to tests the waters. If they saw a polar bear, the guest were not allowed to get off the boat. Humm...something is wrong with this. I paid $27055 for the enjoyment of the Expedition Staff! I asked if I could get on their Zodiac with them and was told "no." I asked under what scenario do I get to see a polar bear. They responded with a long list of reasons I can't see polar bears. They should put that in their marketing.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Silver Endeavour Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.