Bolette Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023

It seems we were pretty lucky going across the Bay of Biscay - other ships on the same night had real problems. Perhaps our ‘luck’ was the result of the excellent stabilisers on Bollette.

There were a lot of lectures which would appeal to passengers selecting a Cruise round Roman Spain. It was also useful that you could watch them live or recorded in your cabin.

We stopped at some lovely places, and it was easy to get to the town.

My cabin was towards aft on deck two with a picture window. It was great watching the sea from it. There was plenty of storage space. The two major problems I had with the cabin were firstly for the first few days the water from the tap tasted terrible. You couldn’t even make tea with it. However, this problem was fixed when I complained to guest services. The more serious problem was the banging and drilling noises which occurred whenever we were in port. I think they were refurbishing a cabin close by. When I told guest services that this was disturbing me, it paused for While but began again.

The cabin stewardess, from Thailand, was efficient and lovely.

Port Reviews

Malaga

This was a really good stop. Though a shuttle bus was provided, you could walk off the ship and be at the beach within ten minutes.

Madeira (Funchal)

The ship’s tour Viewpoints of Funchal was good.

We all had a great time on the pier too when all FO ships met up.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Bolette Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.