Resilient Lady Review

Vacationing fool
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023

I had heard so many amazing things about Virgin Cruises and was very excited to give it a go, especially when they matched my status on other cruise lines. The first thing I found out is they do not do complimentary upgrades for those with significant status so I decided to just pay for a full suite. Basically, double a regular room cost and is not worth the money. Small rooms overall but good storage in our suite. Great bathroom in the suite. I was hoping it would help us get excursions etc but we didn't get what we wanted. I wanted the RockStar agent to assist in whatever we might need. The issues started prior to boarding and there was a significant amount of confusion as to where we were supposed to go. We were sent to one place and then another. For some reason when checking in they didn't have my status. We did enjoy Richards Rooftop each evening but they ran out of the Naughty (NA) Champagne a couple of days in. They did not have Veuve champagne either. If you can't keep items onboard or have a difficult time procuring them then you should have digital menus so they can be updated daily. The lack of planning or procurement of goods for the cruise was the worst part. Anytime you wanted a drink or food item they were out. It obviously wasn't everything but it got to be a joke. The food in general was pretty bad. I ordered a steak and was unable to cut it. I told the server who said it was the knife and brought me another one. Same thing!! The pasta carbonara was flavorless. The hot dogs were the worst I have ever had. No grill for hot dogs? The pizza was pretty good. The entertainment was very very good. Our Rockstar agent, Dorothy, was great and really tried to smooth things over and find solutions but I don't feel as though she was getting the support she needed. I got sick while on board and self-tested a few times and was negative. I could feel it going into my lungs and since I was going to be in Europe for another month I went to see the doctor to get some meds. He gave me an open package of something but nothing really worked for symptoms. I ended up 1 week later in urgent care needing antibiotics. I have been sick on cruises before and had much better care. I just felt as though they were too busy for me or just lacked empathy for being under the weather on vacation. I was so looking forward to a fabulous experience because I love the inclusivity and vibe aboard. The service aspect I just can't get past so I won't be sailing with them again. Princess may not be top of the line but when in a suite they are at your beck and call and you have access to private lounges 24/7 and not just an hour a day.

See above. Small rooms overall and our suite was fairly small but had a great bathroom and really good storage. I liked the vibe.

Port Reviews

Bodrum

Bodrum was prob our favorite. We took a gullet (sp) trip around the sea. Time for swimming and a small group. It was nice and peaceful!

Rhodes

There were not many options remaining for excursions and we opted for a ceramic class. Well, it was hours long so there was plenty of time to shop and buy their stuff but very little time actually doing anything.

Santorini

Way too crowded to do anything. You either need more time in port or make it clear you really have very little time to wander because of the crowds. It's beautiful and maybe staying there when cruise ships are not in port is the way to go.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Resilient Lady Cruise from $360

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.