Silver Nova Review

Nice new modern ship, with some growing pains (LONG review of TA 11/7-11/18/23)

Review for Transatlantic Cruise on Silver Nova
Catlover54
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023

Review of Silversea Silver Nova Transatlantic, 11/7-11/18/23

I typically cruise a mix of luxury lines, including Silversea (SS), sometimes with my husband or friends, sometimes solo. No line is perfect, each has pros and cons. I was happy to scout out the new Silver Nova on its Transatlantic (TA) voyage from Lisbon to NYC on the above dates, with only one port in between, (Ponta Delgada, San Miguel Island in the Portugese Azores). Below is my tome about my impressions, designed primarily to help pax who have never cruised on the Nova get a taste of this brand new SS experience. I have nothing even remotely to do with the cruise industry or its related businesses, so I have no biases.

Overall, I found the ship austerely beautiful, well-run and pleasant. I rate it 4/5, compared with other "luxury" ship experiences. There were some oddities and disappointments (outlined below), but I have no regrets about having done the cruise.

See text above

Port Reviews

Ponta Delgada

Between geothermal springs and botanical gardens, this is a very nice port.

56 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Silver Nova Cruise from $3,182

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.