• Newsletter

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023

My husband and I have cruised many of the major cruise lines and decided to give Virgin a try as we wanted an adults only getaway to celebrate my birthday, his birthday and our 30th anniversary. We normally get a balcony cabin but for this cruise I got us the seriously sweet and we weren't disappointed. Prior to our cruise I totally forgot to book dinner reservations or entertainment venues, but our concierge Lazar took care of everything for us prior to us boarding. I selected the 1:30pm boarding, it went smoothly, we were sent up to the Sip Lounge to enjoy a champagne reception where we encountered Lazar who explained his role and what to expect. We didn't have to wait long before our suite was ready and we weren't disappointed. The bar was fully stocked with just about any kind of alcohol, mixers, wine and champagne you could want. In the fridge was an assortment of beer. Lazar came by asking what we preferred in our bar so it could be switched out if necessary. There is plenty of storage in the cabin, the bed is very comfortable and the shower is nice and big. All the restaurants are good but our favorite was the Wake.

There is no true buffet but the Galley would be the closest thing to it. The Galley has numerous dining venues in it from sushi, ramen, all day breakfast, burgers, etc. You can sit at a table, raise the flag and place your order or you can stand in line and order yourself.

The entertainment was good also but for us the standout was Dual Reality.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Scarlet Lady Cruise from $645

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.