• Newsletter

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023
Cabin: Verandah Stateroom

We were spoiled by our prior cruises and very disappointed with our recent cruise and the sell, sell, sell underhanded charging for services. A few examples. I booked a $199 spa treatment and I had a $50 coupon. I expected a $149 bill with optional tip, but the final bill was $247 plus optional tip because they added service and other charges not discussed with me. Next, Oceania cancelled one of our included shore excursions. We were advised that there would be no credit to our account, we could only rebook on a remaining excursion, of which the pickings were slim and not of interest to us. Another example, cruise credits are highly restricted but we didn't know that until charges showed up on our account. The "o-life" benefits in actuality have minimal value. Do not assign any value to them in considering the cost of a stateroom.

Bottom line, things that were once included in the cost of the cruise are now extra charges, charges not discussed in advance, and mostly hidden. I could go on and on on this topic but...moving on.

Standards of cleanliness have been relaxed. Service was uneven and also not what it once was. Food was uneven, sometimes outstanding but too often overcooked. Entertainment was also poor (best for senior seniors).

Verandah Stateroom

12 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Riviera Cruise from $2,089

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.