Emerald Princess Review

Emerald Princess: My 1st Princess Cruise.

Review for the Mexican Riviera Cruise on Emerald Princess
neongoddess
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2023

I'm writing this review of my (very first non-Carnival!) cruise aboard the Emerald Princess. This was a 5 day cruise with 2 days (an overnight) in Cabo from 5/27/23 to 6/2/23.

I will preface this review by confessing that I am a regular cruiser on Carnival; I am not bougie and didn't really have any high expectations for this trip, although I've heard, of course, that Princess is classier and all-around better. Anyway, here goes!

I really hate to say it but the first three days of this cruise were not impressive to me at all, and I felt like Princess did not live up to its reputation. First, the app didn't work on the first day, my room was missing bathrobes and washcloths, etc. Also I never met my room steward, but none of that was *that* big of a deal to me. On day 2, neither I nor my traveling companions (in a different cabin, on a different deck) received our room service breakfast. (Word on the ship was that they had too many orders and were unable to keep up...?) Eventually the app started working and on day two I ordered a hummus/veggie plate to be delivered to my deck chair. It was so incredibly tiny (and absolutely nothing like the photo) that it was kinda comical (see pic).

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Emerald Princess Cruise from $598

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.