• Newsletter
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

MSC Meraviglia Review

The cruise was a cluster.

Review for the Bahamas Cruise on MSC Meraviglia
Cruiser56165186
First Time Cruiser • Age 30s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023
Cabin: Deluxe Interior
Traveled with children

The cruise was a cluster, when embarking the people that embarked earlier were told that they couldn't go to their rooms until 1:30pm, I embarked at 12:30 and received no such message. the customer service desk almost always had a huge line. Disembarking there was a long line of which I was able to get near the front because I planned ahead and then they opened up the line behind me to allow the people that got there later to disembark ahead of everyone that had been waiting in line. Once I was off the ship my wife called and said they wouldn't let her off the ship because my kids had a balance on their accounts. Their balance should have been settled when my wife and my accounts were. So my wife had to wait in the huge customer service line and use a different card than was on our account to settle the accounts. They should have made sure this was all taken care of prior to disembarking. Luckily my wife had her card because she usually doesn't carry it with her. The air conditioning was not cool enough for warmer climates. They don't have electric fans to help with cooling. The scheduling is not very good. Dinner times overrun the shows so you cant make it to a show on time if you go to the dinners. The shows weren't too bad but weren't great. They would have a movie playing at 6:00pm at one of the pools that was PG13 and my kids are 7 and 8 so they couldn't use that pool during that time. They require a parent to watch kids at the other pool if they are under 16 but there are no tables by the pool to be able to relax and watch them. They have lifeguards but they still require a parent to watch the kids at the pool with no tables. The buffet food wasn't great and for anything more than bread and salad had huge lines. The ice machines hardly ever worked so half way through the cruise they started putting bowls of ice out to use. They had drink machines that had capacity for 4 different drink types and they only put iced tea and one juice type in each. but each one had a different juice type so if you wanted cranberry juice and orange juice you had to walk around the buffet area to find one with cranberry juice and then walk around some more to find one with orange juice. That is if they even had them because they changed all the time. There was no consistency. The smoking areas were right outside the buffet doors so if you sat near a door you constantly smelled cigarette smoke and the kids food section is right by the doors to a smoking section. The dining area is not big enough for the number of people on the ship. Most of the staff is great. The housekeeping staff was very helpful and polite. Our waiter Leo at dinner was excellent! I have heard that MSC's other cruise ships are better. Other family that has been on other cruise lines say they are much better. They charge a hotel service charge half way through the cruise and don't explain that it is the tip for housekeeping. We had to wait in the huge customer service line to figure this out. Every time you call reception they say you have to go to the customer service counter to get anything resolved because they are the back office. They did have a Veterans Day and Remembrance Day celebration on Veterans Day which was nice. The Miami port isn't near anything and is pointless unless you book an excursion. While at port they shut down a lot of the onboard activities which makes for a boring day. Overall for a cheap cruise it wasn't horrible but I will probably not book a cruise on this ship again. If I book with MSC again it will be on another ship.

Deluxe Interior

The A/C was not cool enough. The remote didn't work properly. Other than that the room was pretty good. It was small but not as small as I expected from what others have told me about cruise ship rooms.

Port Reviews

Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve

Not a lot to do besides the beach and shops

Nassau

Interesting to see for the first time. Dangerous outside the main tourist area.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Meraviglia Cruise from $269

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.