Koningsdam Review

We loved our first Pinnacle class ship cruise.

Review for Pacific Coastal Cruise on Koningsdam
terrydtx
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023
Cabin: Verandah Stateroom

My wife and I are 3 stars with HAL and we booked this cruise earlier this year as short nice vacation by ourselves. We booked an aft facing veranda on deck 6 with Club Orange added and the standard HIA. This is our first cruise on a Pinnacle class ship. We flew from our home in San Antonio to San Diego on Nov 3rd and spent the night at the Embassy Suites on the bay very close to the cruise port and the airport. Spent the afternoon exploring the Seaside Village across the street from the hotel. This was our first time in SD in the last 40 years and we had a great time.

EMBARKATION Day

We got up on Saturday and after a great included breakfast at the hotel we headed to the cruise port for our 11:00 check in and boarding time. It was a short Uber ride to the ship for about $8 and we got out at the luggage drop off which as so convenient at 10:45. We easily found the priority Club Orange check in after going through security and checking of our carryon luggage. After a 10-minute check in process we were directed to the priority waiting area for suites, CO and 4- and 5-star Mariners by 11:00. We were told that boarding was delayed because of an inspection of the ship and boarding started at 12:15 and we went to our cabin, which was ready to drop off our carry-on luggage and get our sail passes so we could go to the MDR for lunch at 12:30. After all of the horror stories I read about boarding in SD, this was an extremely easy and efficient process. Not a lot of signage for Club Orange but I found if we told the HAL shore personnel that we were CO we got directed to the right lines. While in the waiting area I got to meet @Laffnvegas and her husband as she recognized the shirt, I said I would wear in our CC Roll Call.

Verandah Stateroom

We had an aft facing Verandah cabin and it was laid out nice with plenty of storage space,

10 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Koningsdam Cruise from $239

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.