Norwegian Bliss Review

1,420 reviews

Suggestions for your excursions and other notes!

Review for the Mexican Riviera Cruise on Norwegian Bliss
Brprod1
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023
Cabin: Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

We just returned from our Mexican Riviera itinerary on the NCL Bliss. The ship was great, try not to be discouraged by some of the negative comments people post. The ship was clean and our balcony stateroom, was great. Note - ask your cabin staff for a mattress topper (they have a limited number available, but it really made the bed more comfortable. And, don't miss Mark Klein, best comedian I've seen on a cruise ship, and I've cruised 15 times. He's really very funny, we saw both him shows (the theater and in the social club), two different shows. Of course, Jersey Boys is a " not to miss show" even if you've seen it before, one of the best Broadway shows at sea! If you're a Beatles fan, the Beatles tribute band is pretty good, even though they are from Argentina (you heard that right). And if you want a seat when they play in the Cavern Club, get there 45 minutes early or you'll be standing in the back, and no one want to stand for 45 minutes.

Now, when it comes to excursions, we never book on board...too expensive. We either book in advance or simply get off the ship and talk to one of the many people at the docks. On this stop in Puerto Vallarta, we got extremely lucky! We met Obi (Obed Castaneda). There was just my wife and myself and we wanted a 2 to 3-hour tour of Puerto Vallarta. And, we told him no jewelry stores and no tequila factories. He completely understood. We negotiated a very fair price...and off we went (p.s. I gave him a generous tip, 'cause he was that good). Obi has dual citizen ship and speaks perfect English. I want to tell you, he's the best guide I've ever had and showed us the best that Puerto Vallarta has to offer. He told us the history of the area and took us to some amazing places. Plus, everywhere we went he offered to take my cell phone and took great photograph of my wife and myself. Simply put, he knows his "stuff" and he's fantastic and he'll customize your tour to whatever "you want." If you're looking for a tour, I'm going to suggest that you reach out to him and pre-book (www.obitours.com, or email him at Obi@ObiTours.com or you can even call him at 510-458-4359. No matter if it's just the two of you or a group of 8 or more, this is who you should call (and note...I'm not getting anything to do this, but I just want you to have a great experience like we did in this port). If you are look for or want him to suggest other more adventurous experiences, I'm sure he can facilitate that for you as well. Trust me on this one! You'll thank me later.

In Mazatlan, we decided that an e-Bike tour would be fun, and we found Shore Excursions Group online and booked the tour. Fun! Took us just a few minutes to get used to the e-Bike and off we went (you don't even need to peddle and the battery last 3 hours, no problem. Went to great spots (including seeing the cliff divers...wow!). Guide was great, and there was only 5 in our tour group...which was nice. Shore Excursion Group was very professional, sent easy to follow instructions via e-mail, their booth inside the cruise terminal was very easy to find. They provided helmets and water as well. This company also offers everything you may want in all the ports, so I suggest you check them out.

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

Very comfortable, at first you don't think there is enough space, but there is plenty space!

Port Reviews

Puerto Vallarta

Now, when it comes to excursions, we never book on board...too expensive. We either book in advance or simply get off the ship and talk to one of the many people at the docks. On this stop in Puerto Vallarta, we got extremely lucky! We met Obi (Obed Castaneda). There was just my wife and myself, and we wanted a 2 to 3-hour tour of Puerto Vallarta. And, we told him no jewelry stores and no tequila factories. He completely understood. We negotiated a very fair price...and off we went (p.s. I gave him a generous tip because he was that good). Obi has dual citizenship and speaks perfect English. I want to tell you he's the best guide I've ever had and showed us the best that Puerto Vallarta has to offer. He told us the history of the area and took us to some amazing places. Plus, everywhere we went, he offered to take my cell phone and took great photographs of my wife and myself. Simply put, he knows his "stuff," and he's fantastic, and he'll customize your tour to whatever "you want." If you're looking for a tour, I'm going to suggest that you reach out to him and pre-book (www.obitours.com, or email him at Obi@ObiTours.com, or you can even call him at 510-458-4359. Whether it's just the two of you or a group of 8 or more, this is who you should call (and note...I'm not getting anything to do this, but I just want you to have a great experience like we did in this port). If you are looking for or want him to suggest other more adventurous experiences, I'm sure he can facilitate that for you as well. Trust me on this one! You'll thank me later.

17 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Bliss Cruise from $470

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.