MSC Seaside Review

First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023

We decided to take a last minute short cruise. It was my first. I had been doing my research on cruises as we are taking another in January on another line and for a bit longer than the 3 days for this one. Upon arrival everything went smoothly getting on. I wasn't impressed with MSC's app though. Very limited compared to Royals. We were able to board very early. Once on board we did get an announcement that we may head to our room which was a nice surprise. So we dropped off our carry on luggage and started to explore. One issue we did find while out and about most of the bars were closed and food wasn't available yet. After a short while though things started to get going. I initially thought the crew we came across were very friendly and helpful. The staff later that day seemed energetic especially the closer we got to our sailing time. Our captain on all our ports was sailing about 30 min. early and arriving about 30 min. early each time. Nassau was ok only issue there was that to many people were constantly trying pushing things on us, but that was ok. They are trying to make money and they were very friendly. We didn't really encounter any issues till we got to Coco Cay. There the staff was very grumpy. From the people who would give you a cart ride to the bartenders and food truck people. On the boat the lines were comparable but when you deal with grumpy people you don't feel like standing there. I will point out though the Kayak attendant and the lifeguard there were an exception. Very nice! We decided due to the way things were going to just get back on board. We spent the rest of the day using the slides and just laying out with an occasional drink. Food on the ship in the Buffett area seemed cold all the time. The main dining was good except for a few people who thought it was ok to yell all the time across the room. Butchers Block was so so and not worth the money. food was adequate and staff was very stuffy. Getting off the boat was organized and customs was very easy.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Seaside Cruise from $49

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.