Norwegian Jewel Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023
Cabin: Mid-Ship Balcony

This was my 2nd time on Jewel, after near to 6 years which I had sailed on the same ship in Australia. This time, Jewel was embarked at the new Tokyo International Cruise Terminal. The registration at the terminal was assisted by the local Japanese who are mostly volunteers. The waiting time wasn’t that long, we managed to board the ship within an hour.

After a quick buffet lunch at the Garden Cafe, I tried to log into the ship’s app. There seemed to be some issues, and we were advised by the staff to try again when the ship started to move. A long line had started to form at the internet counter, even before the ship started to sail. The staff was alone by herself, but she was really professional and was able to help the guests with their questions.

Had a great dinner at Le Bistro on the first evening. Le Bistro had always been my first choice on any NCL ship. Well, it didn’t fail my expectation once again. except I realised some of the previous desserts were no longer available. The onion soup was quite salty so I asked for a change.

Mid-Ship Balcony

Very nice cabin. I like the wash basin in the washroom, it’s built in such a way to allow better flow of the water. Overall, I really love the refurbished cabin. There was also no issue when I requested for body lotion.

Port Reviews

Aburatsu

Very interesting port, though I paid US$15 for the shuttle bus to bring us to the town. Food kiosks were set up be. To the ship, which made the overall experience a very good one.

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Jewel Cruise from $336

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.