Celebrity Summit Review

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023
Cabin: Prime Veranda
Traveled with children

This was my family's 15th Cruise with Celebrity and the only one we were dissatisfied with. We love Celebrity and usually can't say enough wonderful things about them. We were celebrating my husband's 60th birthday and our 25th wedding anniversary so we were disappointed when things weren't as expected.

What stood out the most was the lack of comradery with the crew. Everyone seemed angry and didn't work together. We even witnessed several crew arguing and complaining about guests! Never have I ever seen such a poor attitude amongst the crew. I saw crew members pulling out their personal phones in the middle of the buffet and never were we asked if we wanted a drink from the bar when dining in the buffet. I went into the ladies' room by the theatre and the woman in there cleaning was complaining about the smell and how disgusting it was and didn't stop when I walked in. Officers would walk right past you without saying hello or even a smile. The chef was busy taking photos with guests and the buffet was a mess, with several dishes empty.

The condition of the ship was to be expected of her age but what was not acceptable was the furniture, it was in very poor condition. The chairs outside of the Buffet were not even clean enough for us to use them. Chairs in Bacio were torn and dirty. The roof top area was also in disrepair, the furniture was beat up and dirty. The stairs leading down to the pool deck were a safety hazard they were split and sagging.

Prime Veranda

Design of the room is nice, but the bathroom was not very functional. The shower was in poor condition and water filled up fast and didn't drain. A/C unit was awful sounded like a cheap motel wall unit kept me up at night. Balcony was dirty we had to use towels to sit on chairs.

12 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Summit Cruise from $172

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.