MSC Seaside Review

6-10 Cruises • Age 110s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023

First, the good. The ship is beautiful. The private island is beautiful. The cost was very affordable. I never felt like my life or safety were in danger. They had a good variety of parties and activities.

I’ve never seen anything more disorganized, or dysfunctional in my life. The staff is blatantly, rude and disrespectful. Nobody has a clue what’s going on, what the policies are or where anything is on the ship. we spent two full hours trying to find a bar that we were told we could get included coffee based alcohol drinks. Every staff member we have sent us to a different floor. We ask the manager of the ship she sent us to a different floor when we finally found the place they were talking about we were told no this is not included in your package we said we would’ve never wasted all this time, never mind cancel our drinks. We don’t want them. In fact, the drinks never even got made we made the order and then we canceled them when he told us we were not only charged for them but we were charged double drinks that never even made. When I brought this to the attention of guest services, they laughed in my face and said there’s no way they can put something on your card if you don’t hand your card over, so clearly you got too drunk to know what you were getting. My friend had to drag me back to the cabin because I was going to end up in cruise ship jail after that one. It was not the only time we had to go and protest fraudulent charges on our account. I had over $180 charged to my account but I never authorized. They don’t even act like it’s a big deal. They said well we’ll do an investigation, but if our investigation doesn’t show clear proof that you didn’t charge these things you’ll be responsible for them. The clear proof is that I was sound asleep in my cabin, as some of these things were being added to my bill.

When we booked we had requested early dining. I booked this cruise 16 months before it sailed. There’s no reason why they couldn’t honor my early dining request. Instead, they gave us the latest possible 945 dining which is way too late for us. It caused us to miss Mensch that we wanted to be a part of and gave us indigestion eating that late not to mention by the 945 seating they’re out of everything so the portions are ridiculously small and if you try to order a double portion or a second entrée or a second dessert or a second appetizer, they charge you five dollars each for each additional thing you order when I bought the cruise it was all inclusive , you cannot change the deal I buy after I buy it!!! it was also told we would have included room service but that’s a racket as well. They charge you an $ 8.95 service fee +18% gratuity and you’re only allowed to get continental breakfast. If you get anything else they charge you for it. Meanwhile you can go to the dining room and get the same food for free I’m paying for the convenience of having it delivered to my room and I’m paying a gratuity. Why am I also going to be charged for the free food????

Very small. The beds were rockhard. I even brought a mattress topper with me because I heard how hard the beds were and it was still very bad. I woke up every day with my legs and my backs hurting. Our shower leaked all over the floor, the entire time, despite us reporting out, no one ever came to even look at it

previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Seaside Cruise from $49

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.