Oosterdam Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

I chose this cruise to visit the ports (Cartagena, Malaga, Cadiz in Spain and Lisbon and Funchal in Portugal). Unfortunately due to weather and a pilot boat strike in Portugal the only port I visited was Malaga. We then went to the Canary Islands as a contingency plan for two ports (one was five hours long and the other was 12 hours). These ports were not interesting to me.

The ship itself was fine. There was some work for plumbing on my deck one afternoon and it smelled of vomit in the hallway for a few hours. I was stuck on the ship for eight straight days with basically nothing to do. This ship is geared towards the elderly who just want to sit around reading books or playing bridge.

The food everywhere was great and all wait staff were on the top of their game. I only ate in the dining room a couple of times, otherwise it was the Lido Market or The Dive In. I did try both specialty restaurants and enjoyed the choice of food as well as the taste.

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

My cabin was a balcony cabin. The bed was very comfortable. Lots of outlets and USB ports for charging. I enjoyed the cabin very much and it was very quiet. Sea spray covered the balcony glass so there wasn't a clear view while relaxing on the balcony.

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Oosterdam Cruise from $623

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.