MSC Seaside Review

1,308 reviews

Ship and staff were beautiful. Food was awful.

Review for the Bahamas Cruise on MSC Seaside
Brendako
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023
Cabin: Deluxe Interior

I thoroughly enjoyed the ship, it was beautifully maintained, and decorated. Our room steward was very kind, and very efficient!! He made the entire trip in the cabin wonderful for us!!

The coffee available at the bars was exceptional! I enjoyed many latte's and cappuccinos on this cruise!! The bar staff, both bartenders and servers, were attentive and fun to interact with. I got several drinks I haven't ever sampled before and most were amazing!! Some bars had other types of beers available, but the bar at the buffet on deck 8 was only Heineken and coffee. I LOVED the bar on the back of the ship on deck 7, and the Seaview bar on 8 most of all.

The dinners in the main dining rooms were sub-par. Food was rarely more that lukewarm when it should have been hot. The Caprese salad was ONE cherry tomato cut in half, and two small pieces of mozzarella cheese with a bunch of lettuce. Cabrese is supposed to be full size tomatoes and slices of mozzarella with basil and balsamic vinegar. And it was served without dressing. I got a Garamond salad, also without dressing, it was just lettuce, avocado chunks and fake crab leg slices. My table mate ordered steak one night, she ordered medium rare. It was served cold and rare. When she returned it for MEDIUM RARE, the replacement was fatty and grisly. Communicating to the wait staff was a challenge, because he just didn't understand. With dessert one evening, I asked for a cup of decaf coffee. He seemed totally confused. I never got it. I didn't ask for it again. My table neighbor got the shrimp risotto. There were two smallish shrimp in there with the tails on, and two or three overcooked salad shrimp in the whole dish. She said the rice was gummy AND crunchy. The gumbo tasted like canned vegetable soup, with a little bit of seafood in it. My table neighbor on the other side, broke his tooth on one of the bread sticks, they were like bricks!! Portions were very small. I got the mussels one night, and they were fabulous, even though they were served cold, and the bread was one small, hard piece of toast. Thankfully the bread basket had some more bread to use!! For dessert once, I got the cheese plate. It was served without any crackers, and when I asked for some, he handed me two hard bread sticks. I had breakfast in the main dining room 3 of the 5 days. Other than being squished in with little room for the servers to get through the breakfasts were wonderful, and the servers were troopers!! It was difficult to get refills on coffee and creamer, or juice, but the servers were really trying hard! The breakfast food was pretty great. We ate the lunch in the dining room once. The burger was cool to the touch, the bun bottom was like hard plywood, and the fries were not even warm. The appetizer was unappealing and I only ate one bite. Dessert never came, so we just left after 15 minutes and went up the the buffet. The buffet on 8 was really quite good for all meals. There was a long line for most of the items. The PIZZA was great!! We did eat pizza several times. I tried the buffet on 16 several times, but each time it was closed. We did have sushi at the special dining room, but it was way overpriced for 8 pieces of sushi. It was very flavorful. The sake was included in our drink package, so it was not charged.

Deluxe Interior

Beautiful large cabin. The door to the closet was off track, and it took us a while to get it repaired. We ended up fixing it ourselves. Our cabin steward was on top of everything, and helped us get everything we needed.

Port Reviews

Nassau

Really not our cup of tea. I have been to Nassau many times. It is too crowded, and the people are too pushy to sell things or provide rides, or to just give them money.

previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Seaside Cruise from $49

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.